International – Since 2003, ARTCENA has coordinated the European network Circostrada, which supports the development and structuration of the circus and street arts, in Europe and beyond.
With more than 100 members from 30 countries, the network helps to build a lasting future for these industries in giving the cultural actors the means to act through production of resources, observation and research, professional exchanges, advocacy, and the sharing of knowledge, expertise and information.
Photo : J. Van Belle – WBI
A platform for meeting and project development
- Working groups work on the development of strategic plans for the network pilot programs, seminars and advocacy actions.
- Two general meetings per year for its members, on the program: meetings with the local artistic and culture scene, a “news round”, workshops and group work sessions.
In order to meet and reflect on the sustainable development of the circus and street arts :
- FRESH STREET and FRESH CIRCUS, flagship international seminars open to all industry actors .
An engaged network in permanent dialogue
The network dialogues with :
- Political decision makers – for the recognition of circus and street arts, from the local level to the European level
- Key organisations in training and education – to improve synergy between the professional and academic spaces, and to better the professional integration of artists in training
- Other industries and disciplines – to develop fertile synergy and encourage the emulation of new ideas in our industry
A digital European portal of resources
Accessible to all, proposing :
- On-line publications: studies, guides, conference and network seminar summaries.
- Distribution of information and key resources for the industry, on a European level.
A network engaged in international cooperation
- Study programs abroad meant to benefit the exchange of knowledge and expertise with tertiary countries.